- 30-Jul-2013 to 31-Oct-2014 (CST)
- Food Ingredients
- Chaska, MN, USA
- Full Time
Excellent benefit package including medical and dental insurance, flexible spending plans, company paid life insurance and long and short term disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays and a matching 401(k)
Position Summary: Troubleshoot, maintain, install and repair production equipment, building systems and vehicle equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform preventive inspections, lubrication, periodic and incidental maintenance, and repair of production equipment, vehicle equipment and building. Build, install, remodel, troubleshoot and/or make changes to building grounds or equipment, including structures, electrical systems, mechanical systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, building systems and related maintenance. Perform maintenance, inspection, testing, and operation of all steam boilers and related equipment.
• Create and maintain records of repairs of equipment and purchases of equipment or parts. Purchase and maintain adequate inventories of supplies and replacement parts. Reconcile parts inventories, accurately reduce and receive inventories and enter correct data on computer.
• Cross-train in all production work areas to cover production demands as requested. Assist with production duties and shipping and receiving as needed. Assist in the design, specification and/or procurement of new equipment. Work with outside contractors and vendors as necessary. Assist in training personnel on the operation of production equipment.
• Work as a team and communicate professionally. Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Perform duties within quality control and safety guidelines. Keep work area, shop floor and other areas clean and maintained. Empty waste receptacles. Follow safety rules, including perform lockout/tagout procedures. Report observed safety issues to supervisor. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree and five or more years industrial maintenance or equivalent experience
• Two year technical training degree desired
• Forklift certification
• Working knowledge of mig, tig, and gas welding
• Electrical experience with AC/DC high and low voltages
• Basic knowledge of blueprints
• Possess a valid Special MN Boiler's License, or ability to obtain
• Mechanical trouble shooting skills. Must be able to evaluate, repair and operate production equipment and building systems.
• Must be able to build, install, remodel, troubleshoot, change, maintain and repair building grounds and/or equipment, including structures, electrical systems, mechanical systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, building systems and related maintenance.
• Welding and hand and power tool skills to repair and maintain equipment as well as perform other maintenance functions.
• Basic mathematical skills--ability to accurately add, multiply and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute units of time and weight measurement and volume.
• Ability to read and follow directions and to read and interpret blueprints.
• Computer and accurate data entry skills.
• Skilled operation of stand-up and sit-down forklifts.
- Auto-fill Application Using LinkedIn
Sign Up For Job Alerts!